Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: OT: problems mirroring python-list to c.l.py?

Re: OT: problems mirroring python-list to c.l.py?

Daniel Bickett

John Lenton wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 01:53:52PM -0500, Daniel Bickett wrote:
> > >
> > > Is there a reason that Google Groups isn't mirroring python-list
> > > exactly like it used to, or is it simply a conspiracy I'm not in on?

> > You should not ask this kind of question in a public forum,

> and *you* should know better than to go around flapping your mouth
> like that.

Now I'm further confused, because I don't know what you quoted, but it
isn't on the mailing list and it isn't on c.l.py Maybe I should
give up trying to figure these things out.

You didn't include a name at the beginning of your citation... Who had
the audacity to take my joke seriously?

Daniel Bickett

Steve Holden

Daniel Bickett wrote:

> John Lenton wrote:

>>>You should not ask this kind of question in a public forum,

>>and *you* should know better than to go around flapping your mouth
>>like that.

> Now I'm further confused, because I don't know what you quoted, but it
> isn't on the mailing list and it isn't on c.l.py Maybe I should
> give up trying to figure these things out.
>
> You didn't include a name at the beginning of your citation... Who had
> the audacity to take my joke seriously?
>
> Daniel Bickett

It is well known tha the PSU ha

Peter Hansen

Daniel Bickett wrote:
> John Lenton wrote:
>>>
>>>You should not ask this kind of question in a public forum,

>>and *you* should know better than to go around flapping your mouth
>>like that.

> Now I'm further confused, because I don't know what you quoted, but it
> isn't on the mailing list and it isn't on c.l.py Maybe I should
> give up trying to figure these things out.

For what it's worth, I'm seeing the same behaviour as what you
(Daniel) are seeing, and I read the group through comp.lang.python via
NTTP, not via the mail-based python-list or Google Groups.

> You didn't include a name at the beginning of your citation... Who had
> the audacity to take my joke seriously?

Apparently somebody who doesn't understand that unlike most
other public fora, comp.lang.python is "special" in that it
is mirrored to and from the mailing list, and that there is
no other more appropriate place to ask such a question (at
least until it's apparent that it is a problem with a specific
part of this system, rather than being entirely unclear just
_what_ the problem is).

-Peter

Desktop Mirroring over Ad-Hoc connection =?Utf-8?B?SmFyZWQ=?= Wireless Networking 1 09-27-2005 09:46 PM
Re: OT: problems mirroring python-list to c.l.py? John Lenton Python 0 01-23-2005 07:06 PM
OT: problems mirroring python-list to c.l.py? Daniel Bickett Python 0 01-23-2005 06:53 PM
Port Mirroring Command Dalirahma Cisco 1 10-21-2003 10:16 PM
mirroring ports on 2950 without 802.1q Olivier Thomas Cisco 1 07-08-2003 02:10 AM

Advertisments