Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Good netflow analyzers

Good netflow analyzers

joe

Hi,
I am looking for some netflow analyzer that can do following ...
for example I have hub and spoke topology. All routers are netflow enabled
so all od them send netflow data to a collector on central location.
Spoke routers are also sending netflow exports because I'm also interested
in flows that are local to a spoke site.
I want to be able to define src and dst network, and get a graph that shows
what is traffic pattern vetween those 2 networks.
For example I choose lan of one spoke router: 10.15.1.0/24 and as dst I
choose "server lan" from central site 10.1.1.0/24.
Now, graph would be displayed with traffic pattern that shows for example
that 80% is http, 15% smtp etc. Since, both routers, spoke and hub are
exporting flows, each traffic session would generate 2 netflow exports (one
from hub, and one from spoke), anaylzer should be able to count that flow
only once.
Is CNS Cisco NEtflow able to do that ?
How about eHealth, ArborPeak, or some other analyzer ?

I am not interested in some tool taking all netflow exports and giving me
some meaningless statistic for all traffic in global. I want to be able to
generate reports based on input/output interface if a flow, based on src/dst
network.

Basically, I am interested in good quality netflow analyzers, so please give
me some recommendations.
thanks

Hansang Bae

In article <caqd22$3uj$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
[snip]
> I am not interested in some tool taking all netflow exports and giving me
> some meaningless statistic for all traffic in global. I want to be able to
> generate reports based on input/output interface if a flow, based on src/dst
> network.

We're looking at NAM-II right now. It seems like it's easy enough to
use. You can create different NDE sources so it will meet your
criteria.

--

hsb

Rob

What is NAM-II?

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 04:27:23 GMT, Hansang Bae <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <caqd22$3uj$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>[snip]
>> I am not interested in some tool taking all netflow exports and giving me
>> some meaningless statistic for all traffic in global. I want to be able to
>> generate reports based on input/output interface if a flow, based on src/dst
>> network.

>We're looking at NAM-II right now. It seems like it's easy enough to
>use. You can create different NDE sources so it will meet your
>criteria.

Hansang Bae

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, bobh1234
@hotmail.com says...
> What is NAM-II?

Network Analysis Module for the 6500 chassis.

--

hsb

Milan Parekh

NAM II is a traffic monitoring network anlaysis module for the 6500 or
the 7600 switch.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...0800a2c89.html

Rob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> What is NAM-II?
>

> On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 04:27:23 GMT, Hansang Bae <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >In article <caqd22$3uj$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> >[snip]
> >> I am not interested in some tool taking all netflow exports and giving me
> >> some meaningless statistic for all traffic in global. I want to be able to
> >> generate reports based on input/output interface if a flow, based on src/dst
> >> network.

> >We're looking at NAM-II right now. It seems like it's easy enough to
> >use. You can create different NDE sources so it will meet your
> >criteria.

Rob

Cool. Can this pull in all the Netflow information from other Cisco
devices on my network, so that I don't need a third party application?

On 21 Jun 2004 22:23:51 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Milan
Parekh) wrote:

>NAM II is a traffic monitoring network anlaysis module for the 6500 or
>the 7600 switch.
>
>http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...0800a2c89.html
>
>Rob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
>> What is NAM-II?
>>

>> On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 04:27:23 GMT, Hansang Bae <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >In article <caqd22$3uj$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> >[snip]
>> >
>> >We're looking at NAM-II right now. It seems like it's easy enough to
>> >use. You can create different NDE sources so it will meet your
>> >criteria.

Hansang Bae

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, bobh1234
@hotmail.com says...
> Cool. Can this pull in all the Netflow information from other Cisco
> devices on my network, so that I don't need a third party application?

That's correct. You give the module an IP and have the other
routers/switches report to the NAM.

--

hsb

e n c h a n t

You might want to take a look at NetFlow Analyzer from AdventNet.

http://manageengine.adventnet.com/pr.../download.html

It generates reports based on IN/OUT traffic from individual
interfaces, and allows you to specify various IP ranges also.
Low-priced, and simple to use.