Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Oddity is shutil.copyfileobj

Oddity is shutil.copyfileobj

Neil Benn

Hello,

I'm running a program which is using shutil.copyfileobj on a
Win2K Pro, python 2.3 box. The source and dest file are both opened in
textual mode as 'w', the source file on the local hard drive and the
dest file is on a file server (transmitted through a samba server), the
block size for copying is not entered - so the default setting is used
(whatever that is).

The files are copied across perfectly (diffing them shows they are
identical), however I have one small problem, the destination filename
has .read appended to the end. I've checked my code again and again and
I'm definatly not apeending this.

I'm also copying files across, in the same program but the source
and dest are binary - this doesn't have the same problem, the filenames
are not changed.

My question is - has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Cheers,

Neil

--

Neil Benn
Senior Automation Engineer

Tel : +49 (0)351 4173 154
e-mail : http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

One More Wireless-to-Wired Oddity J Wireless Networking 1 01-02-2006 06:37 PM
pix policy nat small oddity Walter Roberson Cisco 0 07-12-2005 02:07 PM
PIX 501 PDM Oddity Hank Zoeller Cisco 2 05-20-2005 02:48 AM
803 password recovery oddity Cas Cisco 5 05-13-2005 09:41 AM
split commands oddity rxl124@hehe.com Perl 3 01-29-2004 07:59 AM

Advertisments