Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > RE: Print to Windows default Printer

RE: Print to Windows default Printer

Tim Golden

[Samantha]
| I am new to Python and I am having considerable trouble
| trying to print
| (using a simple script) to the default printer rather than the screen.
| Thanks for any help.

It may be that something here will help you:

http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/...o_i/print.html

Specifically, I think that the section print raw text is
closest to what you're asking (although not necessarily
to what you'll eventually want):

http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/...tml#win32print

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk

Samantha

Thanks Tim. I didn't realize it would be so difficult.

"Tim Golden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Scott David Daniels

Tim Golden wrote:
> [Samantha]
> | I am new to Python and I am having considerable trouble
> | trying to print
> | (using a simple script) to the default printer rather than the screen.
> | Thanks for any help.
>
> It may be that something here will help you:
>
> http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/...o_i/print.html
>
> Specifically, I think that the section print raw text is
> closest to what you're asking (although not necessarily
> to what you'll eventually want):
>
> http://tgolden.sc.sabren.com/python/...tml#win32print

You might be interested in using PDFCreator to save paper during
your tests. It is a windows printer driver that creates a PDF file:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

--Scott David Daniels

Samantha

Thanks Scott,
Not wasting any paper yet. I can't seem to get the file to print at all yet.
news:41efd18e$(E-Mail Removed)...