Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > News Reader

News Reader

Daniel Bowett

Is anyone reading this list through thunderbird as news? If so - how did
you set it up?

Robert Kern

Daniel Bowett wrote:
> Is anyone reading this list through thunderbird as news? If so - how did
> you set it up?

I subscribed to comp.lang.python under my USENET news server account.

--
Robert Kern

-- Richard Harter

Robert Kern

Robert Kern wrote:
> Daniel Bowett wrote:
>
>> Is anyone reading this list through thunderbird as news? If so - how
>> did you set it up?

> I subscribed to comp.lang.python under my USENET news server account.

I guess I should add that that's all I did. There's nothing special to
set up.

--
Robert Kern
(E-Mail Removed)

-- Richard Harter

Peter Hansen

Robert Kern wrote:
> Robert Kern wrote:
>> Daniel Bowett wrote:
>>> Is anyone reading this list through thunderbird as news? If so - how
>>> did you set it up?

>> I subscribed to comp.lang.python under my USENET news server account.

> I guess I should add that that's all I did. There's nothing special to
> set up.

Having to add the news server by first selecting "File->New->Account"
might qualify as important enough to mention too.

-Peter

Daniel Bowett

OK, ask a stupid question.... I wasn't aware I needed a Usenet account.
It's simple when you know how.

Peter Hansen wrote:
> Robert Kern wrote:
>
>> Robert Kern wrote:

>>> I subscribed to comp.lang.python under my USENET news server account.

>> I guess I should add that that's all I did. There's nothing special to
>> set up.

> Having to add the news server by first selecting "File->New->Account"
> might qualify as important enough to mention too.
>
> -Peter

Evan Simpson

Daniel Bowett wrote:
> OK, ask a stupid question.... I wasn't aware I needed a Usenet account.

....and if you don't have one, like me, there's always GMane
(http://www.gmane.org/, nntp://news.gmane.org/).

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am