Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Game programming in Python

Game programming in Python

Baza

I'm looking for any books or on-line resources on game programming using
Python. Does anyone have any advice?
--
Computer says, 'no'

Doug Holton

Baza wrote:
> I'm looking for any books or on-line resources on game programming using
> Python. Does anyone have any advice?

See http://pygame.org/
There is also a book called "Game Programming with Python".

Terry Reedy

"Baza" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BE09CC52.2E5B%(E-Mail Removed).. .
> I'm looking for any books or on-line resources on game programming using
> Python. Does anyone have any advice?

Google "Python game programming"

Lucas Raab

Baza wrote:
> I'm looking for any books or on-line resources on game programming using
> Python. Does anyone have any advice?
> --
> Computer says, 'no'

www.panda3d.com, www.pygame.org, www.blender3d.com ...

Mike C. Fletcher

Lucas Raab wrote:

> Baza wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for any books or on-line resources on game programming using
>> Python. Does anyone have any advice?
>> -- Computer says, 'no'
>>

> www.panda3d.com, www.pygame.org, www.blender3d.com ...

http://www.vrplumber.com/py3d.py?category=game

HTH,
Mike

Mike C. Fletcher
Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
http://www.vrplumber.com
http://blog.vrplumber.com

Lucas Raab

Mike C. Fletcher wrote:
> Lucas Raab wrote:
>
>> Baza wrote:
>>
>>> I'm looking for any books or on-line resources on game programming using
>>> Python. Does anyone have any advice?
>>> -- Computer says, 'no'
>>>

>> www.panda3d.com, www.pygame.org, www.blender3d.com ...

> http://www.vrplumber.com/py3d.py?category=game
>
> HTH,
> Mike

> Mike C. Fletcher
> Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
> http://www.vrplumber.com
> http://blog.vrplumber.com

My apologies.

Will

Hi Baza,

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:32:50 +0000, Baza <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm looking for any books or on-line resources on game programming using
> Python. Does anyone have any advice?

You're probably beyond this book, however, for other newbies like moi
checking this thread in future, I started with:

"Python Programming for the absolute beginner"
By Michael Dawson
(Premier Press- www.premierpressbooks.com. ISBN: 1-59200-073-

It's a great read and easy to follow, but more importantly in this
instance, one learns Python by creating games (and then you can put
this knowledge to use elsewhere). It comes with a CD that has Python
2.2.3, Pygame 1.5.6 and Livewires 2.0, the source code for the
projects in the book, & useful links (as well as The Gimp for Windows
and a demo version of the Cool Edit Pro multitrack recording studio).
HTH.

L8r,

Will

# Living & loving in Aotearoa, New Zealand. Kia ora Kiwis!

Simon Wittber

> I'm looking for any books or on-line resources on game programming
> using Python. Does anyone have any advice?

Hi Baza,

If I you are as I assume, a programmer just starting out with game
programming, the best suggestion I can give is head over to
pygame.org, and after downloading and installing the library (also
install PyOpenGL if you can), go through the tutorials listed at
http://www.pygame.org/docs/ .

You will also find the pygame mailing list very helpfu, and, if you
are so inclined, the IRC #pygame channel on freenode.net

Sw.

Neil Benn

Baza wrote:

>I'm looking for any books or on-line resources on game programming using
>Python. Does anyone have any advice?
>--
>Computer says, 'no'

Like the end quote :

eh, eh, eeehhhhhh!!

--

Neil Benn
Senior Automation Engineer

Tel : +49 (0)351 4173 154
e-mail : http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

baza

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:49:50 +0800, Simon Wittber wrote:

>> I'm looking for any books or on-line resources on game programming
>> using Python. Does anyone have any advice?

> Hi Baza,
>
> If I you are as I assume, a programmer just starting out with game
> programming, the best suggestion I can give is head over to
> pygame.org, and after downloading and installing the library (also
> install PyOpenGL if you can), go through the tutorials listed at
> http://www.pygame.org/docs/ .
>
> You will also find the pygame mailing list very helpfu, and, if you
> are so inclined, the IRC #pygame channel on freenode.net
>
> Sw.

Thanks for these. I'm sorted now. pygame looks very interesting.

Baz