Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > python intergration bus ?

python intergration bus ?

Tonino

Hi,

Just an interested question - I friend is testing a few JAVA
intergration bus's that will be used to intergrate his companies
services - I was wondering if there was a python intergration bus ?
other than maybe Pyro ?

Thanks
Tonino

Peter Hansen

Tonino wrote:
> Just an interested question - I friend is testing a few JAVA
> intergration bus's that will be used to intergrate his companies
> services - I was wondering if there was a python intergration bus ?
> other than maybe Pyro ?

I'm not sure what that term means, and I don't believe
it is a widely recognized term in the field of programming.
I can guess, or Google for it, but I suspect most of
what I find wouldn't be what you meant...

Perhaps you could define what "integration bus" means to
you so we could understand what your question really is?
(And please do it without just referencing some Java
product which none of us will know about.)

Thanks,
-Peter

Jaco Smuts

Tonino wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Just an interested question - I friend is testing a few JAVA
>intergration bus's that will be used to intergrate his companies
>services - I was wondering if there was a python intergration bus ?
>other than maybe Pyro ?
>

>Thanks
>Tonino

Hello Tonino

There is a Python module (http://www.python.org/other/spread/) for
Spread (http://www.spread.org/ ) that is worth looking at.

There is also some work on a rpc module using spread.
http://pyhacks.suddenthinks.com/spreadrpc/, never worked with this one
though.

There is a great module for IBM's websphere mq, pymqi (
http://pymqi.sourceforge.net/) by L Smithson. This obviously depends on
using the Commercial websphere MQ product though.

If web services are an option you can also have a look at

Clarence (http://clarens.sourceforge.net)

and / or

http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/

I've previously stumbled accross some others at sourceforge, but this
should get you started.

jaco