Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > [Twisted-Python] Problem with Echoserver (TCP), Help!

[Twisted-Python] Problem with Echoserver (TCP), Help!

SeSe

Hi, I am new to Twisted. I use a Twisted 1.3.0 on MS Windows XP Home
Edition, my python version is 2.3

I try the TCP echoserv.py and echoclient.py example. But the client
always fail with following message:

Unhandled error in Deferred:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\PYTHON23\Lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\default.py", line
134, in
mainLoop
self.runUntilCurrent()
File "D:\PYTHON23\Lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\base.py", line
423, in ru
nUntilCurrent
call.func(*call.args, **call.kw)
File "D:\PYTHON23\Lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\tcp.py", line
384, in res
olveAddress
d.addCallbacks(self._setRealAddress, self.failIfNotConnected)
File "D:\PYTHON23\Lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\defer.py", line
205, in a
ddCallbacks
self._runCallbacks()
--- <exception caught here> ---
File "D:\PYTHON23\Lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\defer.py", line
338, in _
runCallbacks
self.result = callback(self.result, *args, **kw)
File "D:\PYTHON23\Lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\tcp.py", line
388, in _se
tRealAddress
self.doConnect()
File "D:\PYTHON23\Lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\tcp.py", line
403, in doConnect
r, w, e = select.select([], [], [self.fileno()], 0.0)
select.error: (10022, '')

What is the matter? Thanks.

-SeSe

Kartic

Hi,

My experience with Twisted is also limited but let me try to help you.
I tried the same combo as you and it worked well with the following
receive: Hello, world!
receive: What a fine day it is.
receive: Bye-bye!
connection lost: Connection was closed cleanly.

I am sure you started the server before the client.

Do you have some firewall software installed that prevents the client
from connecting to the server?

Thanks
--Kartic

SeSe

Thanks. I have disabled my firewall. But still failed.

It is a bit strange that echo server UDP works. Only TCP doesn't.

Regards,
SeSe