Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > python versions of perl modules

python versions of perl modules

Earl Eiland

I need to process some tcpdump files. PERL has Net:cap and
NetPacket, but I would rather work in PYTHON. Do PYTHON equivialnts
of these two modules exist?

Earl Eiland

Michael Fuhr

"Earl Eiland" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I need to process some tcpdump files. PERL has Net:cap and
> NetPacket, but I would rather work in PYTHON. Do PYTHON equivialnts
> of these two modules exist?

Google is your friend.

http://www.google.com/

Search for words like "python", "pcap", "packet", and other terminology
related to what you're trying to do.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/

birdfamily@gmail.com

So is that a yes or a no to the man's question?

Marius Bernklev

* http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

> So is that a yes or a no to the man's question?

Of course it is.

--
Marius Bernklev

Holmgang: Deodoranter har parfyme, mens folk bare kaster kaffegruten.
Br nye PC-er inkludere ekstra USB-kabel? Vi tar debatten!

Michael Fuhr

(E-Mail Removed) writes:

> So is that a yes or a no to the man's question?

Some people think that teaching others how to find answers for
themselves is a greater service than simply giving them an answer.
It helps them become more self-sufficient, which leads to increased
productivity becase they no longer have to wait for somebody else
to solve their problems. It also leads to greater confidence that
the answer is correct because they no longer have to trust that
somebody else knows what they're talking about or is telling the
truth.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/