Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 1701 router with isdn backup config Please help

Cisco 1701 router with isdn backup config Please help

Anthony

Hi
I have just been landed with the unenviable task of trying to set up
an 1701 router to connect to the internet via ADSL and have ISDN
backup.
AAAAAAAAAArgh

In the past I was helped through google groups in setting up an 837
router for adsl only so I thought it would be worth me trying again as
I am well out of my depth with this. So can somebody pleasehelp me.
Regrds
Anthony Lamb

James

Anthony wrote:
> Hi
> I have just been landed with the unenviable task of trying to set up
> an 1701 router to connect to the internet via ADSL and have ISDN
> backup.
> AAAAAAAAAArgh
>
> In the past I was helped through google groups in setting up an 837
> router for adsl only so I thought it would be worth me trying again as
> I am well out of my depth with this. So can somebody pleasehelp me.
> Regrds
> Anthony Lamb

I set up a 1721 with Frame Relay and ppp over an async serial port.
Both links were hot all of the time. The biggest trick was making sure
you have a version of IOS that allows for ppp over the serial link.
After that it was just the normal, pain, to configure the router. ISDN
should not be that much different that ppp over an async serial port.
If your isdn link results in additional metered fees, then you
definately want it off except when the wan (adsl) link is down. ADSL
maps into a Frame host, ATM host, or whatever router/switch, pretty
much the same a a Frame relay tail circuit.

I did this for a customer some time ago, and did not save the configs.
I used IOS 12.1 or 12.2............

Good luck,

James

Cisco 1701 router ios software crash adebays Cisco 0 02-07-2008 11:48 AM
pc with isdn modem not connecte isdn 1841 router with isdn module sync Cisco 0 06-05-2007 10:10 AM
Cisco Router backup isdn Anis Cisco 1 04-25-2007 10:44 AM
How to Setup Cisco 1701 using ADSL & ISDN as Backup Darren Summers Cisco 4 06-22-2004 09:24 PM
cisco 2511 router isdn backup ag Cisco 4 06-13-2004 04:57 AM

Advertisments