Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > sql server support from linux

sql server support from linux

Simon Wittber

I am currently tasked with connecting Python CGI programs, under
Apache2 / Linux, to SQL Server on Windows 2000.

The latest MSSQL module from
http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/mssql/ (0.09) will not (for
me, at least) compile on Debian.
The next version of the module (0.0 will compile, but raises a
MemoryException whenever I return varchar fields. Hopeless. It also
segfaults (!) whenever I use datetime fields.

The sybase library (also from object-craft) appears to work, but
raises an exception whenever an empty query result is returned. This
is bizzare, and not DB-API 2.0 compiant.

Does anyone in this list ever connect to SQL Server from Linux, using
Python? If so, what is your solution?

I'm going nuts over here!

Sw.

vincent wehren

Simon Wittber wrote:
> I am currently tasked with connecting Python CGI programs, under
> Apache2 / Linux, to SQL Server on Windows 2000.
>
> The latest MSSQL module from
> http://www.object-craft.com.au/projects/mssql/ (0.09) will not (for
> me, at least) compile on Debian.
> The next version of the module (0.0 will compile, but raises a
> MemoryException whenever I return varchar fields. Hopeless. It also
> segfaults (!) whenever I use datetime fields.
>
> The sybase library (also from object-craft) appears to work, but
> raises an exception whenever an empty query result is returned. This
> is bizzare, and not DB-API 2.0 compiant.
>
> Does anyone in this list ever connect to SQL Server from Linux, using
> Python? If so, what is your solution?

Using mx.ODBC?

--

Vincent Wehren