Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Two questions

Two questions

Tom Ottaway

Hello all,

I have two questions for you folks:

1) I have four 2501's and two 1924's connected. The 2501s are connected S0
on RouterA to S1 on RouterB, S0 on RouterB to S1 on Router C, etc. The
1924s are connected to routers A and C. When I enable RIP on all of the
routers, routers B, C and D are happy. The routing table on router A never
gets populated. I can ping S1 on router B from router A, I can telnet to
router B from A but, router A and B never seem to exchange routing
information. Any ideas?

2) Does anyone know of a site, or a book, that contains lots of practice
lab scenarios? Preferably for a relatively small setup such as described
above.

Thanks for any thoughts,

Tom O.

Barry Margolin

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Tom Ottaway" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have two questions for you folks:
>
> 1) I have four 2501's and two 1924's connected. The 2501s are connected S0
> on RouterA to S1 on RouterB, S0 on RouterB to S1 on Router C, etc. The
> 1924s are connected to routers A and C. When I enable RIP on all of the
> routers, routers B, C and D are happy. The routing table on router A never
> gets populated. I can ping S1 on router B from router A, I can telnet to
> router B from A but, router A and B never seem to exchange routing
> information. Any ideas?

Without seeing the configs, it's hard to tell. A common problem is not
listing all the interfaces in "network" statements in the RIP
configurations.

--
Barry Margolin, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Arlington, MA