Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Avaliable free modules

Avaliable free modules

sam

Hi group,

Is there any site like cpan.org for python?

Thanks
Sam

Fuzzyman

No.... but a lot of people would like there to be. No one has (to my
knowledge) come forward to do the work on it yet though.... (or offered
the bandwidth).

There is a *list* of packages available - with information and liks -
called the Python Package Index. See http://www.python.org/pypi

Regards,

Fuzzy
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/atlantib...thonutils.html

Binu K S

Vaults of Parnassus:
http://www.vex.net/parnassus/

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 18:56:09 +0800, sam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> Is there any site like cpan.org for python?
>
> Thanks
> Sam

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 18:56:09 +0800, rumours say that sam
<(E-Mail Removed)> might have written:

>Hi group,
>
>Is there any site like cpan.org for python?

Google these:

"vaults of parnassus"
"python package index"

They're an approximation of CPAN. If you waited for a week in the
newsgroup, you would see a post "Dr. Dobb's Python-URL! - weekly Python
news and links" with very useful links. You can google for one of these
in groups.google.com, if you are hasty.
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best.
"Be strict when sending and tolerant when receiving." (from RFC195