Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Is Python good for graphics?

Is Python good for graphics?

John Hunter

djw> PyGame?

djw> http://www.pygame.org/

Seconded, despite the plethora of packages proposed in response to the
original query, pygame seems like a clear winner for the problem
described.

And this coming from the author a different graphics package!

JDH

not [quite] more i squared

Esmail Bonakdarian wrote:

> do you (or anyone else) have a recommendation for 2D type
> graphics?

A possible approach is jython that gives you access to Java2D. Makes it easy
to deploy your animated or interactive graphics as a java-compatible applet.

drewp@bigasterisk.com

http://ciips.ee.uwa.edu.au/~morris/Y...ml#insert_anim)
> or graph searches (coloring nodes as each gets visited). (Something
> like this: http://cs.smith.edu/~thiebaut/java/graph/Welcome.html)

For the sorting algorithms, at least, check out
Demo/tkinter/guido/sortvisu.py in the standard distribution.
I'd recommend Tk for all the other demos you described, too.