Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > [Newby] Problem with compilation.

[Newby] Problem with compilation.

Hi folks!

Can't compile my file due to some problems with crypt module.
My platform is WinXP:
First I launch my Python Shell,
Than I open the *.py file,
Next I press F5 to 'run module'
The message is: "ImportError: No module named crypt"

Few lines of code for example:

import posix
import posixpath
from crypt import *

startRecord = 0
inRecord = 1

Thanks for help.

j vickroy

The Python modules documentation indicates crypt is only available on Unix
platforms.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi folks!
>
> Can't compile my file due to some problems with crypt module.
> My platform is WinXP:
> First I launch my Python Shell,
> Than I open the *.py file,
> Next I press F5 to 'run module'
> The message is: "ImportError: No module named crypt"
>
> Few lines of code for example:

> import posix
> import posixpath
> from crypt import *
>
> startRecord = 0
> inRecord = 1
>
> Thanks for help.

Mike C. Fletcher

There is a work-alike cross-platform "fcrypt.py" module which can be
used to replace crypt on non-unix platforms. Google to find it.

HTH,
Mike

j vickroy wrote:

>The Python modules documentation indicates crypt is only available on Unix
>platforms.

<original problem with lib requiring crypt snipped>
Mike C. Fletcher
Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
http://www.vrplumber.com
http://blog.vrplumber.com

Fredrik Lundh

Mike C. Fletcher wrote:

> There is a work-alike cross-platform "fcrypt.py" module which can be used to replace crypt on
> non-unix platforms. Google to find it.

(or read earlier posts to this thread)

</F>