Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > DHCP Relay

DHCP Relay

Solstice

Hi,
I am trying to figure out if there is anything special one has to do on a
cisco router to allow DHCP relay. I am trying to get an IP address from a
DHCP server which is located on another network, 2 networks away. The
network is a fully bridged based network. The customer premise router is a
cisco 837, while intermediate routers are cisco and *bsd boxes..
Here is a quick network diagram in ascii...

client ------> [Cisco837] ------->[cisco router] -------->[bsd, dhcprelay
enabled] ----->dhcpserver
10.22.2.x
10.0.0.x 10.0.22.x

Please let me know if there are any special configurations required on Cisco
837s or other cisco router.

Thanks
Solstice

Remien, Carsten

Hi,

for DHCP Relay you have to configure on the LAN Interface:
ip helper address <IP-address from the DHCP Server>

--
\|/
(o o)