Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 1900 console port

1900 console port

Chris G.

I got a 1900 from ebay and I'm trying to access the console port. It's
sending a bunch of AT commands like it wants to talk to a modem. How can I
default the config so it won't do that. I cannot access the menu b/c of
this.

Thanks!

Chris O

"Chris G." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:q93wc.16$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I got a 1900 from ebay and I'm trying to access the console port. It's
> sending a bunch of AT commands like it wants to talk to a modem. How can I
> default the config so it won't do that. I cannot access the menu b/c of
> this.
>
> Thanks!

URL http://www.conserver.com/consoles/iolancons.html includes the following
:-
Note: Some Cisco 1900-series switches use a DB-9 console connection, instead
of the RJ-45 connector. Some of these devices require a DCD signal on DB-9
pin 1, while other versions of the 1900 do not want a DCD signal applied to
DB-9 pin 1.

If the Cisco 1900 you have attached to is spewing AT modem commands out
the port, you have a problem. If you are using a stock adapter (with the DCD
signal) you will need to open the adapter, and remove the wire from pin 1 of
the DB-9 and then label the adapter so you know it has been modified. (If
you are seeing the AT commands with a modified adapter install, get an
unmodified adapter.

HTH

Chris O

mh

You need to get into rommon mode ( ctrl-break after powering up
router) and set the config register to ignore the start-up config.
Mark down the config register setting BEFOre you mnake any changes as
you will need to set it back to the smae value (probablyy 0x2102).

Download the password recovery p[rocedure from CCO and follow the
steps in the procedure.

Catalyst 1900 console access mg Cisco 1 03-06-2008 12:02 AM
Console Connection to Cisco 1900 Switch Walbert Cisco 8 01-20-2008 01:54 AM
Need to use dates earlier than 1900 (Time library says out of range for dates < 1900) me@benjaminarai.com Ruby 1 07-17-2007 02:25 PM
Console cable for 1900 switch Andreas H°ivold Cisco 2 07-09-2004 10:12 AM
Re: console mp3->wav decoder for $indows or GUI one which supports console Ben Finney Python 2 06-30-2003 05:43 AM

Advertisments