Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Delphi/Kylix and Python

Delphi/Kylix and Python

John Tiedeman

Translating to Kylix might be quite easy. There have been articles
about writing code so that it will run on either by sensing whether Windows
or Linux and automatically using the appropriate directives.
My problem with both Delphi and Kylix is in getting them to connect
with PostgreSQL and SQLite. Any suggestions? From what I have read, ODBC or
JDBC may do it, but I have experience with neither.

Tim Roberts

"John Tiedeman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Translating to Kylix might be quite easy. There have been articles
>about writing code so that it will run on either by sensing whether Windows
>or Linux and automatically using the appropriate directives.
> My problem with both Delphi and Kylix is in getting them to connect
>with PostgreSQL and SQLite. Any suggestions? From what I have read, ODBC or
>JDBC may do it, but I have experience with neither.

There are direct Delphi components for both databases. Google is your
friend.
--
- Tim Roberts, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.