Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 2501 1 Ethernet and 2 serial ports and I got a CABLE/DSL

Cisco 2501 1 Ethernet and 2 serial ports and I got a CABLE/DSL

Wajdi Georges

I have a Cisco 2501 1 Ethernet and 2 serial ports and I got a CABLE/DSL
router/HUB with WAN port and 4 RJ-45 ports connected to my DSL modem. Now if
I want to add layer of firewall behind my existing CABLE/DSL router using
Serial port converting to RJ-45. Can I connect my CABLE/DSL router to the
Serial port since it is known that you can connect WAN to the serial port it
is documented at Cisco site. Or using a transceiver The signal has been
changed from serial port to RJ-45? right?

1-And would the 2501 router work with DSL/CABLES routers?
2-Would the cisco 2501 router work with DSL modems if I connect the DSL
modem to the Ethernet port on the 2501 router?

Georges

Johnny Routin

Please see my answer to your two other posts on this issue in a.c.cisco..

JR
--
Johnny Routin

-