Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Intermittent disconnections on PIX to IOS VPN

Intermittent disconnections on PIX to IOS VPN

Mickey Sauk

Hello,

we currently have a VPN set up between a cisco router 1712 and a PIX 525.
It has been working fine during a time and we have now some problems of
intermittent disconnections (up for about 1 min, down for about 30s).

After further investigation on the PIX firewall we understood that the
reason of these disconnections were a negotiation between the two
equipments. The following error message appears at each disconnection:

402101: decaps: rec'd IPSEC packet has invalid spi for destaddr=(Removed),
prot=esp, spi=0

The error is referenced in cisco documentation, but the only indication is
to synchronize clocks between equipments, and our equipments are
synchronized.
I've found a lot of similar cases on the cisco forums but no answer.

Does anybody have any idea ?
Thanks.

/Mickey

nospam@nospam.com

What version of PIX software are you running?

Mickey Sauk

Mister http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) said in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> What version of PIX software are you running?

6.3(1)

nospam@nospam.com

I've also had the same problems as you and after an open TAC case they are
RMA'ing the PIX.