Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Is there a person who I experience absurd event that experience?

Is there a person who I experience absurd event that experience?

PS2 gamer

when I install a cisco catalyst 3550 switch, I experienced absurd matter.
clearly, I did telnet password by 'asdf',
but I can't login on 'asdf'
when I cut and pasted in notepad, I can't still connect,
I typed show run

no service password encryption
..
..
..
enable password asdf
..
..
..
After I tried various kinds, I configured the password is '1234' only number
Supringly, I connected through telnet on catalyst 3550 switch
is it a funny event ,isn't it ?

Why does this event happen?

jt

Didn't you mention you passed CCIE written ?

"PS2 gamer" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:c9h65j$7kg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> when I install a cisco catalyst 3550 switch, I experienced absurd matter.
> clearly, I did telnet password by 'asdf',
> but I can't login on 'asdf'
> when I cut and pasted in notepad, I can't still connect,
> I typed show run
>
> no service password encryption
> .
> .
> .
> enable password asdf
> .
> .
> .
> After I tried various kinds, I configured the password is '1234' only

number
> Supringly, I connected through telnet on catalyst 3550 switch
> is it a funny event ,isn't it ?
>
> Why does this event happen?

Hansang Bae

In article <c9h65j$7kg$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> when I install a cisco catalyst 3550 switch, I experienced absurd matter.
> clearly, I did telnet password by 'asdf',
> but I can't login on 'asdf'
> when I cut and pasted in notepad, I can't still connect,
> I typed show run
>
> no service password encryption
> .
> .
> .
> enable password asdf
> .
> .
> .
> After I tried various kinds, I configured the password is '1234' only number
> Supringly, I connected through telnet on catalyst 3550 switch
> is it a funny event ,isn't it ?
>
> Why does this event happen?

So you're talking about getting ENABLE access right? Not the VTY
password? It's confusing because you are setting the enable password to
asdf, but you then talk about "telnet password"

Are you saying that only numbers worked for enable password?
--

hsb

Marc Russell

The enable password and telnet password are two separate settings.

Marc Russell
Newtwork Learning, Inc. (Cisco training)
www.ccbootcamp.com

"PS2 gamer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c9h65j$7kg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> when I install a cisco catalyst 3550 switch, I experienced absurd matter.
> clearly, I did telnet password by 'asdf',
> but I can't login on 'asdf'
> when I cut and pasted in notepad, I can't still connect,
> I typed show run
>
> no service password encryption
> .
> .
> .
> enable password asdf
> .
> .
> .
> After I tried various kinds, I configured the password is '1234' only

number
> Supringly, I connected through telnet on catalyst 3550 switch
> is it a funny event ,isn't it ?
>
> Why does this event happen?

AnyBody43

Hansang Bae <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
> > when I install a cisco catalyst 3550 switch, I experienced absurd matter.
> > clearly, I did telnet password by 'asdf',
> > but I can't login on 'asdf'

> > After I tried various kinds, I configured the password is '1234' only number
> > Supringly, I connected through telnet on catalyst 3550 switch
> > is it a funny event ,isn't it ?
> >
> > Why does this event happen?

> So you're talking about getting ENABLE access right? Not the VTY
> password? It's confusing because you are setting the enable password to
> asdf, but you then talk about "telnet password"
>
> Are you saying that only numbers worked for enable password?

I have (edited a wee bit for relevance):-

sh ver
IOS (tm) C3500xl Software (C3500xl-C3H2S-M), Version 12.0(5)WC5,
RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

sh run
Current configuration:
!
version 12.0
no service pad
service password-encryption
!
hostname zzzz
!
enable secret yyyy
!
!
interface FastEthernet0/1
speed 10
port monitor FastEthernet0/3
spanning-tree portfast

interface VLAN1
ip address 1.2.3.4 255.255.255.0
no ip directed-broadcast

line vty 0 4
exec-timeout 120 0
password xxxx
login

Otherwise all default is OK.

c:\>telnet 1.2.3.4

User Access Verification

Passwordxxx
sw1>en
Password:yyyy
sw1#

Frustration over absurd and pointless browser version checking Jamie Kahn Genet NZ Computing 27 01-31-2007 06:07 PM
Absurd OO Design Practice: Query Classes faceman28208@yahoo.com C++ 3 07-26-2006 09:23 PM
Patently absurd Peter NZ Computing 9 07-27-2005 02:46 PM
Order time for x64 is absurd... Billie Volkova Windows 64bit 12 07-01-2005 04:08 PM
Absurd fonts... :( ::spidernik:: Firefox 1 11-24-2003 06:29 PM

Advertisments