Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > recover data from html form

recover data from html form

Armand Federico - INFO

How can i recover data from an html module?
I have a form that send 3 or 4 text field

I wanna to recover this data, to analyse, and process, and insert in MySQL

(mod_python, Mysql4, Apache1.3)

Peter Hansen

Armand Federico - INFO wrote:
> How can i recover data from an html module?
> I have a form that send 3 or 4 text field
>
> I wanna to recover this data, to analyse, and process, and insert in MySQL
>
> (mod_python, Mysql4, Apache1.3)

The question is unclear. Are you looking for suggestions on
the process called "web scraping"? (search the web before
responding, if that term is unfamiliar to you, please)

-Peter

Adam C.

Peter Hansen wrote:
> Armand Federico - INFO wrote:
>
>> How can i recover data from an html module?
>> I have a form that send 3 or 4 text field
>>
>> I wanna to recover this data, to analyse, and process, and insert in
>> MySQL
>>
>> (mod_python, Mysql4, Apache1.3)

> The question is unclear. Are you looking for suggestions on
> the process called "web scraping"? (search the web before
> responding, if that term is unfamiliar to you, please)

I think he's looking for the REQUEST object that mod_python passes in
containing the GET/POST elements from his text fields.
Check out:
http://www.modpython.org/live/curren...l/tut-pub.html
for a quick introduction to using the request object with an HTML form.

--
Adam