Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > installing and uninstalling packages...

installing and uninstalling packages...

Matt Price

Hi,

I have two quick questions about managing packages:

1) I'm writing a simple module with which I would like to include a
couple of macros for the MoinMoin wiki system. The files I want to
install are, say:

MainModule.py
ExtraFunctions.py

MoinMacro1.py
MoinMacro2.py

I'd like to install MainModule and ExtraFunctions as usual in the
local site-packages directory (on my debian system:
/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/). As for the Moin macros,
I'd like ot check somehow if MoinMoin is installed on the system, and
if it's installed, put the MoinMacro(1|2).py files in the moin macro
directory (again, on my system:
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MoinMoin/macro/). Is there a way to
do this in setup.py?

2) a more general question: is there an accepted way to uninstall
packages once they've been installed? I didn't notice documentation
on this feature in the manual.

thanks much!

Matt

Matt Price http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
History Department, University of Toronto
(416) 978-2094

please don't use the following addresses: (E-Mail Removed)
(E-Mail Removed)