Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > is there a difference between CIR and CIR+end to end clear channel connection?

is there a difference between CIR and CIR+end to end clear channel connection?

ike lozada

Hi,

I've heard this "end to end clear channel connection" from a telco/isp
when providing internet access... is there really a difference when
they say this? what does it mean anyway? my understanding is that that
statement means from my my router-->ISP network-->internet backbone I
get to have the full bandwidth I am paying for. (i.e. 512kbps all the
way) as opposed to getting only 512 from my router-->ISP
network------>internet backbone
512 unknown

If that's the case, is there a way to measure full end to end clear
channel connect?

TIA