Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > optparse examples

optparse examples

GMTaglia

Hi list,

I'm trying to understand how really optparse work
..
I've already read the documentation so please don't answer RTFM because I
already did it twice

Maybe someone have some examples of code for the *real world*?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance and happy new week.
GMTaglia

Hameed U. Khan

Hi,
below is the link to programme i made 6 months ago when i started
using linux and found no visual type of display of memory in text
mode. this programme displays number and a bar showing the memory
usage. i have used optparse in it may be it will help you.
the file is zipped becuase geocities dont allow .py files . and i
have no webspace some where else.
http://geocities.com/hameedkhaan/meminfo.zip

Hope this will help you.

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 17:24:10 GMT, GMTaglia <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm trying to understand how really optparse work
> .
> I've already read the documentation so please don't answer RTFM because I
> already did it twice
>
> Maybe someone have some examples of code for the *real world*?
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance and happy new week.
> GMTaglia

Hameed U. Khan

Carmine Noviello

GMTaglia wrote:

> Maybe someone have some examples of code for the *real world*?

Give a look to this:

I hope it can help you.

Bye
--
Don't you know why your Python application has crashed?
Take a look to http://www.pycrash.org

GMTaglia

> Give a look to this:
>
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Coo.../Recipe/278844

Carmine, I know this recipe of Michele but I was hoping in a few more
examples, thanks anyway for your help

> Bye

Ciao

GMTaglia

Hameed U. Khan wrote:

> Hi,
> below is the link to programme i made 6 months ago when i started
> using linux and found no visual type of display of memory in text
> mode. this programme displays number and a bar showing the memory
> usage. i have used optparse in it may be it will help you.
> the file is zipped becuase geocities dont allow .py files . and i
> have no webspace some where else.
> http://geocities.com/hameedkhaan/meminfo.zip

Thanks for this recipe Hameed, I will use it to learn more

cheers
GMTaglia

COVER LETTERS RESUME EXAMPLES AND CV EXAMPLES AVAILABLE CURRICULUM VITAE rawebadvert3 Computer Support 0 08-21-2007 03:07 AM
COVER LETTERS RESUME EXAMPLES AND CV EXAMPLES AVAILABLE rawebadvert3 Computer Support 0 05-25-2007 04:18 AM
more optparse examples... Ara.T.Howard Ruby 0 12-18-2003 07:17 PM
optparse examples Jeff Dickens Ruby 1 12-08-2003 08:26 AM
optparse documentation and/or examples Mark Wilson Ruby 1 09-04-2003 01:34 AM

Advertisments