Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python with ASP

Python with ASP

Jason Giangrande

The company I work for uses ASP and VBScript. I likely can not get them
to change from ASP, but I thought that I might at least be able to
convince them of a switch to ASP using Python. I am the only coder here
and I know Python better than VB, though I am far from an expert in
Python either. That said, I am getting better with VB, and have come to
realize that it is indeed an inane language. So far I have found very
little information on the web talking about using Python as the language
with ASP. That which I have found thus far, has been negative. Here
are a few questions for those that have used Python with ASP in the past
or are currently using it.

Does ASP have any major problems using Python as it's programming language?

Is there any documentation on using Python with ASP? So far I have
found very little.

Have those who used Python with ASP found that it caused any problems
with IIS, or caused it to use more resources? This is one of the IT
Administrator's concerns.

Is there anything else I should know before I make my pitch to use
Python with ASP?

--
Jason Giangrande <(E-Mail Removed)>
http://www.giangrande.org