Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco VPN 3005 and DHCP relay

Cisco VPN 3005 and DHCP relay

Rutger Blom

Hello!

We have two problems with DHCP-relay on a Cisco VPN 3005 and Cisco software
VPN clients ver. 4.0.4(rel).

1: The DHCP relay is working, but is not passing through all DHCP options.
The most important one for us is option 252 (wpad) to configure browsers
automatically.

2: We have made reservations (by MAC) on our DHPC server in the scope that
is handing out IP addresses to VPN clients. The VPN clients get a random IP
address within the scope and not the reserved ones. I suspect this has to do
with the fact that there is this virtual Cisco adapter in between. Does
anybody have a workaround?

Thanks in advance,

Rutger
Sweden