Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > ANN: eric v. 3.5.0 available

ANN: eric v. 3.5.0 available

Detlev Offenbach

Hi,

I am proud to announce the immediate availability of eric v. 3.5.0. It is
available via

http://www.die-offenbachs.de/detlev/eric3.html

or

http://eric-ide.sourceforge.net

This release includes some new features and a bunch of usability
enhancements. For details see the attached release notes.

Regards
Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach

Richie Hindle

[Detlev]
> I am proud to announce the immediate availability of eric v. 3.5.0.

Is there any chance of a free-to-use Eric on Windows via qt3-win32
(http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3-win32/)? I Googled around and
couldn't find anything.

Likewise, are there any online archives for the Eric mailing list? I
couldn't find those either (but it's Monday morning and my Google powers
are weak).

--
Richie Hindle
(E-Mail Removed)

Torsten Marek

Richie Hindle schrieb:
> [Detlev]
>
>>I am proud to announce the immediate availability of eric v. 3.5.0.

> Is there any chance of a free-to-use Eric on Windows via qt3-win32
> (http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/qt3-win32/)? I Googled around and
> couldn't find anything.
>
> Likewise, are there any online archives for the Eric mailing list? I
> couldn't find those either (but it's Monday morning and my Google powers
> are weak).

Take the PyQt/PyKDE-Mailinglist, most of the eric3 stuff is handled there:

greetings

Torsten

Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath

Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am proud to announce the immediate availability of eric v. 3.5.0. It is
> available via
>
> http://www.die-offenbachs.de/detlev/eric3.html
>
> or
>
> http://eric-ide.sourceforge.net
>
> This release includes some new features and a bunch of usability
> enhancements. For details see the attached release notes.
>
> Regards
> Detlev

> This is a feature relase of the eric3 Python IDE. The most notable feature enhancements are:
>
> Editor:
> - multiple views to the same document
> - lexer support for Perl and Bash
> - automatic syntax checks of Python files upon save/open
> - syntax check for Quixote page template files
> - autosave feature
> - limit the effect of a search and search/replace to a range of lines
>
> Debugger:
> - show contents of simple Qt-types while debugging
> - add breakpoints while the debugger is executing
>
> Python shell:
> - a Python shell based on the QScintilla widget with autocompletion,
> calltips and syntax highlighting
>
> Interface:
> - new dialogs to compare files
> - enhanced the file/class browser
> - a new window layout called "floating windows"
> - a new icon set based on crystal icons
>
> Translations:
> - French translations
>
> Others:
> - improved Subversion integration
> - drag and drop support
> - single instance mode
> - enhanced unicode support
>
> Please note that Python versions prior to 2.2.0 are not supported anymore.

How do you change the font used to display the python shell?

--

Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath,
Dept. Computing and Information Science,

Venkatesh Prasad Ranganath wrote:
> Detlev Offenbach wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am proud to announce the immediate availability of eric v. 3.5.0. It is
>> available via
>>
>> http://www.die-offenbachs.de/detlev/eric3.html
>>
>> or
>>
>> http://eric-ide.sourceforge.net
>>
>> This release includes some new features and a bunch of usability
>> enhancements. For details see the attached release notes.
>>
>> Regards
>> Detlev

>> This is a feature relase of the eric3 Python IDE. The most notable
>> feature enhancements are:
>>
>> Editor:
>> - multiple views to the same document
>> - lexer support for Perl and Bash
>> - automatic syntax checks of Python files upon save/open
>> - syntax check for Quixote page template files
>> - autosave feature
>> - limit the effect of a search and search/replace to a range of lines
>>
>> Debugger:
>> - show contents of simple Qt-types while debugging
>> - add breakpoints while the debugger is executing
>>
>> Python shell:
>> - a Python shell based on the QScintilla widget with autocompletion,
>> calltips and syntax highlighting
>>
>> Interface:
>> - new dialogs to compare files
>> - enhanced the file/class browser
>> - a new window layout called "floating windows"
>> - a new icon set based on crystal icons
>>
>> Translations:
>> - French translations
>>
>> Others:
>> - improved Subversion integration
>> - drag and drop support
>> - single instance mode
>> - enhanced unicode support
>>
>> Please note that Python versions prior to 2.2.0 are not supported
>> anymore.

> How do you change the font used to display the python shell?

It's just that each line overwrites half the height of the previous line.

Than ;you Eric <Eric> Jackie MCSD 0 06-22-2004 05:24 PM
"More Eric Meyer on CSS" John McGaw HTML 33 06-02-2004 10:37 PM
To "Eric" Orbit MCSD 2 05-08-2004 05:01 PM
ot..eric the C and Robert Johnson..o yeah!! lsj7 Computer Support 0 02-04-2004 06:36 PM
Nice Take on Selectors from Eric Meyer kayodeok HTML 0 12-12-2003 08:41 AM

Advertisments