Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > RE: Access to MS SQL from Linux?

RE: Access to MS SQL from Linux?

Tim Golden

[Benji York]
| There is a very cool project called ODBTP (Open DataBase Transport
| Protocol) at http://odbtp.sourceforge.net.

Very interesting indeed.

| I've developed Python bindings for it (following the DB API 2.0).
| If there is more general interest, I'll distribute it more widely.

I'm certainly interested; any chance of your putting them up
on a website somewhere?

Thanks
TJG

http://www.star.net.uk

Benji York

Tim Golden <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I'm certainly interested; any chance of your putting them up
> on a website somewhere?

I'll put it up tonight or tomorrow and post the address here. My
module is currently in alpha state, but in active development. It is
only about 400 LOC, but is almost fully functional.
--
Benji York

Benji York

Tim Golden <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> I'm certainly interested; any chance of your putting them up
> on a website somewhere?

It's in alpha state, but you can download it at
http://benjiyork.com/odbtp.html. If the instructions are unclear or
even missing something, let me know. Any volunteers to help build a
test suite, finish up some rough edges, or help with packaging would
be appreciated.

(Five geek points to everyone that can identify the background image
on that page.)
--
Benji York