Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > how to not associate with root 350

how to not associate with root 350

MichaelHilton

Hello all-
I have a br350 that is a root bridge, and then i have a non-root
bridge. Is there a way to force all clients to connect to the
non-root bridge? I cant seem to find a way to do it. I have the
non-root on a boat, and there are several clients on the boat also,
which i want to force to connect to the non-root bridge on the boat, i
do NOT want them to connect to the root on land. Thanks so much for
any help,
Michael hilton

Dan Lanciani

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, (E-Mail Removed) (MichaelHilton) writes:
| Hello all-
| I have a br350 that is a root bridge, and then i have a non-root
| bridge. Is there a way to force all clients to connect to the
| non-root bridge?

One approach is to configure each client with a specific (mandatory)
access point list. For Aironet clients you can generally specify
up to four parents with an infinite timeout.

Another approach would be to set a MAC list on the root bridge to permit
only the non-root bridge and no other clients.

Finally, if the 350 series bridges still have the "bridge mode" attribute
you could set this to "bridge only" rather than "access point" to allow
only bridges as clients.

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com