Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > All together now, I'm a lumberjack

All together now, I'm a lumberjack

M. Clift

Hi All,

Does anyone know of any python stuff related to music notation for windows?
I'd eventually like to write some sort of notation program myself, but I am
at a loss at knowing where to start.

Would anyone know, do all notation programs work in a similar way to display
music, and could someone give me an idea as to how they go about it.

Thanks

Phil Frost

I don't know about any python tools specifically, but if you are looking
to typeset music, be sure to look at the supurb and free lilypond
<http://www.lilypond.org/web/>.

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 11:49:45PM +0100, M. Clift wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know of any python stuff related to music notation for windows?
> I'd eventually like to write some sort of notation program myself, but I am
> at a loss at knowing where to start.
>
> Would anyone know, do all notation programs work in a similar way to display
> music, and could someone give me an idea as to how they go about it.
>
> Thanks

M. Clift

Thanks Phil,

I know of Lillypond, but I'm trying to find if anyone has done something
similar in python or can tell me what I should be looking at to learn how to
program an app to display notation.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Lumberjack Song Tom Zych Python 0 02-28-2011 10:26 AM
How can you make a SAX-like parser ignore char entities all together... lbrtchx@gmail.com Java 2 02-02-2008 11:19 PM
Getting together all Java people java Java 0 08-02-2007 05:22 AM
Lumberjack Logger Doug Harding Javascript 1 01-23-2007 05:19 PM
Rubygems, FreeBSD, Nitro not all playing together nicely Jim Crigler Ruby 2 11-02-2005 03:30 PM

Advertisments