Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Deleting VLANs from Catalyst 6509

Deleting VLANs from Catalyst 6509

Scott

Hello everyone,

I am trying to delete a VLAN from a Catalyst 6509 switch. Thus far
the only information I have found describes how to delete the VLAN
from a router, not the switch. I am not having much luck with this.
Can anyone provide me with any help? Thank you in advance.

Scott

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
Scott <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
: I am trying to delete a VLAN from a Catalyst 6509 switch. Thus far
:the only information I have found describes how to delete the VLAN
:from a router, not the switch. I am not having much luck with this.
:Can anyone provide me with any help? Thank you in advance.

Are you running CatOS on the switch part, or are you running Hybrid ?
typewriters, and Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare. -- Blair Houghton.

Juraj Ljubesic

On 18 May 2004 14:42:49 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Scott) wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>
> I am trying to delete a VLAN from a Catalyst 6509 switch. Thus far
>the only information I have found describes how to delete the VLAN
>from a router, not the switch. I am not having much luck with this.
>Can anyone provide me with any help? Thank you in advance.
>
>Scott

On Catalyst 6006 (with CatOS) it si:

SWITCH> (enable) clear vlan <vlans> Vlan Number(s)

Jura

Scott

Juraj Ljubesic <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> On 18 May 2004 14:42:49 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Scott) wrote:
>
> >Hello everyone,
> >
> > I am trying to delete a VLAN from a Catalyst 6509 switch. Thus far
> >the only information I have found describes how to delete the VLAN
> >from a router, not the switch. I am not having much luck with this.
> >Can anyone provide me with any help? Thank you in advance.
> >
> >Scott

> On Catalyst 6006 (with CatOS) it si:
>
> SWITCH> (enable) clear vlan <vlans> Vlan Number(s)
>
> Jura

Jura,

Thank you for the command. I shall put that in my "cheat sheet"..
That did work for the switch I have.

Scott