Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > PIX IDS Monitoring

PIX IDS Monitoring

Mark

Ok, im sure this question has been asked before but I cant find a solid
response.
I have been given the task of setting up IDS on two PIX 501s. The IDS
configuration is done but now I just have to come up with a solutions for
monitoring it. Has anyone seen a product that can monitor the PIX and create
reports on a daily/weekly basis and alarms on attacks? I basically want
something that will just sit there and watch the SNMP messages for me and
only send me a code red message if there is an alarm but still keep track of
all other denies for reference.

Thank you in advanced!

Mark

mh

You might want to start with Cisco PDM Device Manager (PDM) IDS graphing

Suggest to upgrade to latest PIX software and PDM software.

Martin Bilgrav

basically ehat you want is a kiwi syslog that recieves all your syslogs and
then you make rules for notification/alerts.
Also you can look at rnrsoft's report gen for PIX along with the kiwisyslogd

http://www.kiwisyslog.com/software_downloads.htm
http://www.reportgen.com/downloads.htm

HTH
Martin Bilgrav

PS IDS logging generates alot on fx ICMP
Not all are alerts, but just info

after transfer of data from MS-outlook(mail ids) to application,mail ids are consisting of strange characters vamsikrishna_b@coolgoose.com Python 2 06-21-2005 12:41 PM
IDS monitoring d.h. barrick Cisco 0 11-05-2004 02:49 AM
How to test PIX IDS Erwin Lopez Cisco 2 06-25-2004 04:54 PM
IDS policy on PIX Brian Bergin Cisco 5 11-30-2003 07:07 PM
IDS-4235 sensor monitoring interface Deepu Cisco 1 07-15-2003 02:45 PM

Advertisments