Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Urlopen.urlretrieve(url, to) can it be canceled/stopped/killed

Urlopen.urlretrieve(url, to) can it be canceled/stopped/killed

Justin

does anybody know if there is a way to stop urlretrieve mid transfer or
are you simply bound to finishing the file you are on? If anybody
knows the answer to this let me know. i have read all the docs and
there is a callback or reporthook function, but I am not sure if that
can be used to halt the progress and close the socket.

-Justin

This is the final feature on my first program
Thanks to all the help from all on comp.lang.python