Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > RE: Call for signatories for J2

RE: Call for signatories for J2

Robert Brewer

Anthony Baxter wrote:
> Note that Robert has sent the completed proposal to python-dev,
> and in fine Python tradition, buggered off for the weekend.
> So I'm not entirely sure it's worthwhile posting more
> for/against messages now.

I'll continue to collect them, and post updates on Monday. So feel free.

Now, I'm *really* gone.

Robert Brewer
MIS
Amor Ministries

Arthur

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 09:30:32 -0700, "Robert Brewer"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Anthony Baxter wrote:
>> Note that Robert has sent the completed proposal to python-dev,
>> and in fine Python tradition, buggered off for the weekend.
>> So I'm not entirely sure it's worthwhile posting more
>> for/against messages now.

>I'll continue to collect them, and post updates on Monday. So feel free.

Against.

With some commitment.

I have not read the J2 psper, but think it might in essence be covered
as a potential (good faith) counter-argument to it:

That a certain sense of Python aesthetics asks for this functionality
to be stripped of any aesthetic pretense.

A little aside to the compiler

Whereas 'using: staticmethod' might say something, 'using:
MyTransform' says only that, and Python should not provide cover to
this kind of non-expressiveness.

We are looking to save some typing. Let's save typing.

@

With that I consider that Python has maintained a sense of
forthrightness, that will probably not allow me to escape my
begrudging infatuation with it.

With J2 ... well my adjustment period will be extended a bit..

Art

JanC

Robert Brewer schreef:

> Anthony Baxter wrote:
>> Note that Robert has sent the completed proposal to python-dev,
>> and in fine Python tradition, buggered off for the weekend.
>> So I'm not entirely sure it's worthwhile posting more
>> for/against messages now.

> I'll continue to collect them, and post updates on Monday. So feel free.

FOR

--
JanC