Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco PIX 501 using pptp to connect to cisco vpn 3005 concentrator

Cisco PIX 501 using pptp to connect to cisco vpn 3005 concentrator

Kai

Hello all,

I got a question concerning pptp between cisco pix 501 and cisco 3005
concentrator.
The secenario is the following:

one small lan with the pix as default gateway. the pix connected to
the dsl router and this is connected to the internet.
vpn pass through is enabled on the router.
we want the pix to connect to our cisco concentrator using pptp.
means we have no public addresse for the pix like we use it for
lan-to-lan connections. the pix should behave like a "normal" windows
client connection via vpn to a network.

Has anyone a configuration example and the main part is does it work
with the pix?

Thanks for your help.

Kai

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
Kai <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:I got a question concerning pptp between cisco pix 501 and cisco 3005
:concentrator.

PIX will not act as PPTP clients, only as PPTP servers.

Reference:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/....htm#wp1083965

Note The PIX Firewall is a PPTP and L2TP Server and a PPPoE client.
[...]
PPTP is an alternative to IPSec handling for VPN clients or Easy
VPN Remote devices. While PPTP is less secure than IPSec, PPTP is
easier to implement and maintain. Only inbound PPTP connections
are supported and only one PIX Firewall interface can have the
vpdn command enabled.
--
Before responding, take into account the possibility that the Universe
was created just an instant ago, and that you have not actually read