Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco VPN Client Problems

Cisco VPN Client Problems

Jimmy

We are using the Sony Ericcsson wireless cards and Cisco VPN Client
version 4.x to a Cisco 1721 router running IOS 12.2. The problem that
is occuring is users with the wireless lose VPN connection frequently
after connecting.

I understand with wireless cards there is some amount of packet loss.
However we upgraded the VPN to Cisco from PPTP recently and before the
change we never had issues with clients losing VPN connection.

This doesn't occur when using the VPN over a broadband(DSL) or dialup
connection, so it would appear there is something going on the
wireless end that is "breaking" the VPN connection.

Does anyone else use the same configuration (Cisco VPN over wireless)
and have these issues? Are there any settings to try?

-Jimmy

jt

You use an AP which is in turn connected to the Router ?

What about the SA liefetimes ? Maybe set too low
because of the higher throughput.

"Jimmy" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> We are using the Sony Ericcsson wireless cards and Cisco VPN Client
> version 4.x to a Cisco 1721 router running IOS 12.2. The problem that
> is occuring is users with the wireless lose VPN connection frequently
> after connecting.
>
> I understand with wireless cards there is some amount of packet loss.
> However we upgraded the VPN to Cisco from PPTP recently and before the
> change we never had issues with clients losing VPN connection.
>
> This doesn't occur when using the VPN over a broadband(DSL) or dialup
> connection, so it would appear there is something going on the
> wireless end that is "breaking" the VPN connection.
>
> Does anyone else use the same configuration (Cisco VPN over wireless)
> and have these issues? Are there any settings to try?
>
> -Jimmy

mh

see Cisco document re adjusting MTU size:

http://cco.cisco.com/en/US/products/...tml#subtopic1B

Jimmy

> You use an AP which is in turn connected to the Router ?
>
> What about the SA liefetimes ? Maybe set too low
> because of the higher throughput.

No we use a GPRS Internet service on the cards from AT&T Wireless. So
the connections come through the Internet.

-Jimmy