Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > html templates

html templates

Ajay

hi!

i am looking for a framework to create a fast dynamic website. between
using Cheetah and HTMLTemplate which would you recommend?
also quixote offers a session management API? how secure is this session
management? is it just a cookie on the client side?

thanks

cheers
ajay

Leif K-Brooks

Ajay wrote:
> i am looking for a framework to create a fast dynamic website. between
> using Cheetah and HTMLTemplate which would you recommend?

I'm using Cheetah for a project, and I love it. I've never tried
HTMLTemplate, though.

Tim Roberts

Ajay <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>i am looking for a framework to create a fast dynamic website. between
>using Cheetah and HTMLTemplate which would you recommend?

This is such a personal decision. It really depends on what appears to
you.

I like Cheetah's templating language a lot. I use Webware as my web app
server, but I use Cheetah for doing the templates instead of the Webware
PSP.

For a small dynamic site, however, I could learn to like CherryPy as well.
You compile the whole web site along with a simple web server into a single
script.

>also quixote offers a session management API? how secure is this session
>management? is it just a cookie on the client side?

"Just" a cookie? How would you do session management more securely?
--
- Tim Roberts, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Ajay

> >also quixote offers a session management API? how secure is this

> session
> >management? is it just a cookie on the client side?

> "Just" a cookie? How would you do session management more securely?

well what i really meant is whether the data is just kept on the cookie or
is a hash of the data (and some random string) also stored. or do you
store the name of a tmp file on the cookie and the file itself contains
the session data.
i think i'll give cheetah a try

cheers

Rene Pijlman

Ajay:
>i am looking for a framework to create a fast dynamic website. between
>using Cheetah and HTMLTemplate which would you recommend?

I've used Cheetah and it's great. I have no experience with HTMLTemplate
though.

>also quixote offers a session management API? how secure is this session
>management? is it just a cookie on the client side?

Feel lucky:
http://www.google.com/search?q=quixo...ion+management

--
René Pijlman

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Pierre-Fr=E9d=E9ric_Caillaud?=

I tried Cheetah and found it to be a bit slow. Maybe it has too many
features. The template language is great, though.

For speed, I'd recommend mod_python + psyco

Pierre-Frédéric Caillaud <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I tried Cheetah and found it to be a bit slow. Maybe it has too many
>features. The template language is great, though.

There is some code in the WebWare wiki that demonstrates how to cache
Cheetah templates, so they only get recompiled when they change. That can
help performance on sites that rarely change.
--
- Tim Roberts, (E-Mail Removed)
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Monster Templates - Question about Submitting Templates Fred HTML 1 09-26-2005 01:09 AM
Templates within templates Tom McCallum C++ 2 08-04-2004 04:44 PM
Templates templates templates JKop C++ 3 07-21-2004 11:44 AM
using templates in templates John Harrison C++ 8 07-31-2003 12:00 PM

Advertisments