Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > mp3 fft with python

mp3 fft with python

Garett Shulman

Hello, I would like to do a fft on an mp3 in python. I beleive I have
all of the fft stuff straight in my mind but am not sure of the best way
to get the sample data into a python array. I ran accross a web site a
while back which suggested using sox to convert a wav file into a raw
sample file and then open the raw file with python. However, I did not
bookmark this site when I came accross it and cannot seem to find it
now. If anyone has any suggestions as to a good way to get sample data
out of an mp3 and into a python array for an fft I would greatly
appreciate your suggestions. Thanks a lot. -Garett