Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > CE550 or CE570 Cache

CE550 or CE570 Cache

Matt

How much load can these handle? Would they be up to 3 - 10 mbs of traffic?

Also, to configure it as a transparent cache would I need to use a Cisco
router to redirect to the cache? Is there any other way to do it without
using a Cisco router?

I am currently using a Linux based router that also runs Squid as a
transparent cache. And to put it simply I am sick of it. People complain
this site or that site won't work quite right and I must add a DST-NAT rule
to keep that site from being redirected. I want something that just works
even if it has less hits. As long as it does not slow Internet surfing
down.

Matt