Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > python packages cross references

python packages cross references

Roman Yakovenko

Hi. I need help( or solution ).
Problem: my project has 3 packages
prj
+------A
+------B
+------Utils

The question is: what is the right way to use functionality from Utils in A and B packages ?
I know that after importing package I know it's location, but it doesn't help me in any module within package A or B.
I can add full path to prj to sys.path but it seems to be the wrong way.
May be I missed something?

Thanks.

Roman

Peter Maas

Roman Yakovenko schrieb:
> Hi. I need help( or solution ).
> Problem: my project has 3 packages
> prj
> +------A
> +------B
> +------Utils
>
> The question is: what is the right way to use functionality from
> Utils in A and B packages ?

Look at Python Tutorial Packages (6.4). You can make a prj package
and use intra-package references (6.4.2) for A, B and Utils.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Peter Maas

Peter Maas, M+R Infosysteme, D-52070 Aachen, Tel +49-241-93878-0