Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > CISCO SIP Call Progress Detection

CISCO SIP Call Progress Detection

Neil Hampton

Help,

I am developing a SIP application using a CISCO 1760V gateway
connected to the PSTN via an Avaya Definity. I am having trouble with
call progress detection when making calls from a SIP network to the
PSTN!

When calling a Busy, or an unobtainable number the gateway returns a
'183 session progress' message with early media, but there is no way
to distinguish busy/unobtainable from this message. I have tried to
use the RTP nte payload type (as per RFC 2833), but the gateway seems
only to support the DTMF events part of this RFC.

Sort of doing my own tone detection, does anyone know of a way to get
at the call progress information? I know the gateway is receiving the
information since it is in the ISDN Q931 debug messages!

Our IOS Version is 12.2(4)YB

Many thanks in anticipation,
Neil.

Neil Hampton

Managed to solve the problem using the disc_pi_off command.

Regards,
Neil.