Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > nvram problem on cisco 2501

nvram problem on cisco 2501

chris-c

Hello
I am trying to save my running config to nvram on a cisco 2516 (I
bought it second hand to get cisco certification), I try write mem,
and copy running-config startup-config, but each time the router
reloads I get the setup prompts, hence my config is not being saved to
the router.

Is there some fix to this or is the router as good as dead?

Thanks

Andre Wisniewski

On 11 May 2004 08:59:06 -0700, chris-c <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hello
> I am trying to save my running config to nvram on a cisco 2516 (I
> bought it second hand to get cisco certification), I try write mem,
> and copy running-config startup-config, but each time the router
> reloads I get the setup prompts, hence my config is not being saved to
> the router.
>
> Is there some fix to this or is the router as good as dead?
>
> Thanks

Be sure that the config register is set to 0x2102. Maybe it is set to
0x2142 for password recovery!
How to change this?

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/474/pswdrec_2500.html

--
Gruß Andre

--- Using Opera

Doan

On 11 May 2004, chris-c wrote:

> Hello
> I am trying to save my running config to nvram on a cisco 2516 (I
> bought it second hand to get cisco certification), I try write mem,
> and copy running-config startup-config, but each time the router
> reloads I get the setup prompts, hence my config is not being saved to
> the router.
>
> Is there some fix to this or is the router as good as dead?
>
> Thanks

Try show startup-config.

Doan