Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Komodo, debugging and multi-threading

Komodo, debugging and multi-threading

Thomas Lindgaard

Hello

I have a multi-threaded web spider and it has a problem (probably
several). Is there a way to make the debugger show me what my worker
threads are doing? I can only get it to follow the main thread. I'm using
Komodo Personal (trial).

--
Regards
/Thomas

Elbert Lev

Thomas Lindgaard <(E-Mail Removed)_HOLE.dk> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)_HOLE.dk>...
> Hello
>
> I have a multi-threaded web spider and it has a problem (probably
> several). Is there a way to make the debugger show me what my worker
> threads are doing? I can only get it to follow the main thread. I'm using
> Komodo Personal (trial).

No! Komodo, IDE, IDLE all are wrappers for pdb.py, which does not
allow to set a brakpoint in thereads (it allows, but does not stop).
You can try it for yourself (using command line interpreter). The only
way of debugging multithreaded programs - print (or log).

Thomas Lindgaard

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 06:42:59 -0700, Elbert Lev wrote:

> The only way of debugging multithreaded programs - print (or log).

Dang! ... but thanks.

--
Regards
/Thomas