Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > RE: Poll - Vote here for "list-after-def" (was Decorator syntax)

RE: Poll - Vote here for "list-after-def" (was Decorator syntax)

Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy)

Anthony Baxter wrote:

> The solution, if you don't like the syntax, is not voting. It's to
> propose an argument that Guido will accept, in favour of your
> preferred option.

I see this less as a vote, and more an attempt to reach a community
consensus - or at least a large enough one to lend weight to the many
arguments that have already been presented.

I will live with pie-syntax, but I won't be overly happy with it. I
would much prefer that list-after-def be accepted.

Tim Delaney

Peter Hansen

Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy) wrote:

> Anthony Baxter wrote:
>
>>The solution, if you don't like the syntax, is not voting. It's to
>>propose an argument that Guido will accept, in favour of your
>>preferred option.

> I see this less as a vote, and more an attempt to reach a community
> consensus - or at least a large enough one to lend weight to the many
> arguments that have already been presented.

I suggest that everyone with an opinion on the matter visit the
page at http://www.python.org/psf/donations.html and make a donation,
preferably sized in relation to the strength of your opinion. (*)

Afterwards, we can just visit the updated list of donors and base
the final decision on whether the Atecksan are higher up in the list
than the Listecksan or not. (And if they are, we can still consider
just banishing them all to Blefuscu, or make them wear high heels or
use Perl or something.)

> I will live with pie-syntax, but I won't be overly happy with it. I
> would much prefer that list-after-def be accepted.

Agreed.

-Peter

(*) I've just done so, since it seems like a more productive thing than
endless argument over the same issues. And this way at least there will
be money to pay Anthony to do the right thing.

Paul McGuire

"Peter Hansen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I suggest that everyone with an opinion on the matter visit the
> page at http://www.python.org/psf/donations.html and make a donation,
> preferably sized in relation to the strength of your opinion. (*)

Done.

Anthony Baxter

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 10:09:56 -0400, Peter Hansen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I suggest that everyone with an opinion on the matter visit the
> page at http://www.python.org/psf/donations.html and make a donation,
> preferably sized in relation to the strength of your opinion. (*)

+1

> (*) I've just done so, since it seems like a more productive thing than
> endless argument over the same issues. And this way at least there will
> be money to pay Anthony to do the right thing.

Hey, Guido's the one you need to be paying off. I'm just a grunt. <wink>