Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > copy pix 6.1 config file to tftp server

copy pix 6.1 config file to tftp server

beni

Hi all,

I'm going to activate my new key to my pix 6.1 firewall, so I can use
128 bit for my vpn. I'm missing the command "activation-key" on this
version, as in pix 6.3, so I have to undertake some more action, to
activate the new key. I have a document from cisco on how to upgrade,
but what I'm missing is the way, how to copy my present config to my
tftp and then copy it back per "copy tftp flash..." command, so that
pix can ask me about the activation key and I can give then the new
one.

can anyone help please?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

best regards from germany
beni

mh

firewall2# wri ?
Usage: write erase|floppy|mem|terminal|standby
write net [<tftp_ip>]:<filename>

You can use the write net command to store the current configuration
in a file on your TFTP server.

The syntax for this command is write net [[server_ip]:[filename]].

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
beni <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:I'm going to activate my new key to my pix 6.1 firewall, so I can use
:128 bit for my vpn. I'm missing the command "activation-key" on this
:version, as in pix 6.3, so I have to undertake some more action, to
:activate the new key. I have a document from cisco on how to upgrade,
:but what I'm missing is the way, how to copy my present config to my
:tftp and then copy it back per "copy tftp flash..." command, so that
ix can ask me about the activation key and I can give then the new
ne.

You do not need to save your present configuration for this: you would
need to save your present pix binary. There is no way provided to
do that. In pix versions that do not have the "activation-key" command,
you are only asked for the activation key when you load a pix image.
If you do not have a copy of the PIX image saved somewhere, you
are in for a bit of difficulty.
--
"The human genome is powerless in the face of chocolate."
-- Dr. Adam Drewnowski

mh

Why not just upgrade to 6.3(3) ?

Walter Roberson

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >,
mh <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
:Why not just upgrade to 6.3(3) ?

My guess is that the OP hasn't been paying for a support contract.

I would further guess that the OP is using the original software that
came with the machine, and I would further guess that the OP has not
undertaken any of the security upgrades recommended by the Security
Advisories. In theory the OP should be able to upgrade to 6.1(4) [at least]
and possibly 6.1(5) [not sure] for free -- but I have heard of people
who have had difficulty getting Cisco to supply the software
in accordance with the terms of their own Security Advisories.

--
"Meme" is self-referential; memes exist if and only if the "meme" meme
exists. "Meme" is thus logically a meta-meme; but until the existance

beni

hello all,

thanks a lot for your answers. I think I'm going to update to PIX 6.3

best regards
Beni

Neil Rowland

I recently made a request through tac for 6.3.3(133) free upgrade due to
security advisories.

They sent me a e-mail with a code to put into the website and then I
downloaded it. Word of warning, you may need a new licence key if your
previous key was used in software below 6.3

"beni" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> hello all,
>
> thanks a lot for your answers. I think I'm going to update to PIX 6.3
>
> best regards
> Beni

booting router from tftp: image is stored within a sub-dir in tftp root Sharad Cisco 0 02-13-2007 11:31 AM
Access Violation error while saving config from PIX through PDM toa TFTP server. AM Cisco 4 10-10-2006 07:59 PM
copy pix 501 flash to tftp server? Anthony Cisco 2 05-10-2004 08:50 PM
PIX config on TFTP Mirek Cisco 5 04-09-2004 11:21 PM
Copy startup-config tftp...Keep getting error. Cisco site says I'm doing it right. Hlp please. Marc Cisco 5 01-17-2004 05:38 PM

Advertisments