Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > PostgreSQL connector and Zope connector

PostgreSQL connector and Zope connector

Ian S. Nelson

What's the current state of Python and PostgreSQL? There is PoPy,
PygreSQL and PsycoPG, maybe others? PygreSQL was part of the PostgreSQL
tree, now it's not. What's up with it?

Then a Zope wrapper for it. ZPygresql seems to be dead. Anyone in the
know have any ideas on what's the best right now and has the most
promise of being supported?

thanks,
Ian

Dave Brueck

Ian S. Nelson wrote:
> What's the current state of Python and PostgreSQL? There is PoPy,
> PygreSQL and PsycoPG, maybe others? PygreSQL was part of the PostgreSQL
> tree, now it's not. What's up with it?
>
> Then a Zope wrapper for it. ZPygresql seems to be dead. Anyone in the
> know have any ideas on what's the best right now and has the most
> promise of being supported?

We use PyscoPG in several production projects and it works really well
(both standalone and through the supplied Zope adapter). Can't speak for
the others - we were previously using Oracle - but when we began using
PostgreSQL, the PyscoPG project seemed the most "alive".

-Dave

Lee Harr

On 2004-07-26, Dave Brueck <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Ian S. Nelson wrote:
>> What's the current state of Python and PostgreSQL? There is PoPy,
>> PygreSQL and PsycoPG, maybe others? PygreSQL was part of the PostgreSQL
>> tree, now it's not. What's up with it?
>>
>> Then a Zope wrapper for it. ZPygresql seems to be dead. Anyone in the
>> know have any ideas on what's the best right now and has the most
>> promise of being supported?

psycopg works well. The only problem I have with it is that it does
not use the standard python datetime type dates, but when I searched
their mailing list the other day this was already being addressed.