Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Library for the Mozilla address book format (MORK)?

Library for the Mozilla address book format (MORK)?

Dennis Benzinger

Hi!

Is there a Python library for reading and writing the Mozilla address
book format (MORK)?

Dan Sommers

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:04:59 +0200,
Dennis Benzinger <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is there a Python library for reading and writing the Mozilla address
> book format (MORK)?

I don't know about Python, but at the risk of heresy, I did find a P*rl
program to extract URLs from Mozilla's history file (which is also
stored in MORK format) on Jamie Zawinski's site. After reading JWZ's
comments, I'm just as glad that I *didn't* figure it out myself. :-/

mork.pl is available from <http://www.jwz.org/hacks/marginal.html>.

HTH,
Dan

--