Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > RE: Python .ico

RE: Python .ico

Robert Brewer

Byron wrote:
> Probably, the main source of resistance is the fact that the
> makers of Python do not provide a free, RAD (Rapid Application
> Development) tool that allows users to quickly and easily build
> GUIs visually, such as Java's Netbeans (www.netbeans.org) or
> Microsoft's Visual Basic. Most programmers like an easy-to-use
> RAD that allows users to quickly and easily develop GUI
> applications. Unfortunately, until Python is able to strongly
> complete in this area, most companies will continue to believe
> that Python is mostly a cute, somewhat enabled scripting tool.

....which is somewhat ironic, because I find those same "RAD" tools to be
cute, somewhat enabled tools that don't amount to a hill of beans.

Robert Brewer
MIS
Amor Ministries

Byron

Robert Brewer wrote:

> ...which is somewhat ironic, because I find those same "RAD" tools to be
> cute, somewhat enabled tools that don't amount to a hill of beans.

Not everyone prefers to spend five hours trying to build a GUI app via
text lines. Sometimes, it would be greatly preferred to be able to
"draw" the app and then write code behind it's GUI objects.

Byron
---

Jorgen Grahn

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 23:42:14 GMT, Byron <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Robert Brewer wrote:
>
>> ...which is somewhat ironic, because I find those same "RAD" tools to be
>> cute, somewhat enabled tools that don't amount to a hill of beans.

> Not everyone prefers to spend five hours trying to build a GUI app via
> text lines. Sometimes, it would be greatly preferred to be able to
> "draw" the app and then write code behind it's GUI objects.

People are different. Personally, I'm very text oriented, so don't believe
such a tool would do much for me. I assume mr Brewer has the same
"problem".

/Jorgen

--
// Jorgen Grahn <jgrahn@ ''If All Men Were Brothers,
\X/ algonet.se> Would You Let One Marry Your Sister?''