Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > RE: psyco for python 2.4?

RE: psyco for python 2.4?

Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy)

Dan Christensen wrote:

> I've tried the cvs version of psyco and it causes python 2.4a1 to dump
> core when I "import psyco". Does anyone know the timeline for getting
> psyco working with 2.4?

My guess would be about when the first 2.4 beta comes out i.e.
feature-compelte - but we'll have to wait on Armin for a definitive
answer.

Tim Delaney

Armin Rigo

Hello,

>>I've tried the cvs version of psyco and it causes python 2.4a1 to dump
>>core when I "import psyco". Does anyone know the timeline for getting
>>psyco working with 2.4?

I fixed this particular problem. Now Psyco (CVS tree version) appears
to work on 2.4a1, but extensive testing is still needed.

Armin

Dan Christensen

Armin Rigo <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Dan Christensen wrote:
>>>I've tried the cvs version of psyco and it causes python 2.4a1 to dump
>>>core when I "import psyco". Does anyone know the timeline for getting
>>>psyco working with 2.4?

> I fixed this particular problem. Now Psyco (CVS tree version) appears
> to work on 2.4a1, but extensive testing is still needed.

I just downloaded a fresh copy of the CVS version, and now the import
command doesn't dump core, but the psyco.full() command does:

$ python2.4
Python 2.4a1 (#1, Jul 11 2004, 12:20:32)
[GCC 3.3.4 (Debian)] on linux2
>>> import psyco
>>> psyco.full()

Segmentation fault

Let me know how I can help debug this.

By the way, I couldn't figure out how to rebuild the package after
doing a "cvs up". Typing "python2.4 setup.py install" just copied
things over to the site-packages/pysco directory again, but didn't
recompile anything. So I downloaded a fresh copy, removed the
site-packages/psyco directory, and did "python2.4 setup.py install"
again.

Dan

Tim Hochberg

Dan Christensen wrote:
> Armin Rigo <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>>I fixed this particular problem. Now Psyco (CVS tree version) appears
>>to work on 2.4a1, but extensive testing is still needed.

> I just downloaded a fresh copy of the CVS version, and now the import
> command doesn't dump core, but the psyco.full() command does:
>
> $ python2.4
> Python 2.4a1 (#1, Jul 11 2004, 12:20:32)
> [GCC 3.3.4 (Debian)] on linux2

> Segmentation fault
>
> Let me know how I can help debug this.

I can't help you with this.

> By the way, I couldn't figure out how to rebuild the package after
> doing a "cvs up". Typing "python2.4 setup.py install" just copied
> things over to the site-packages/pysco directory again, but didn't
> recompile anything. So I downloaded a fresh copy, removed the
> site-packages/psyco directory, and did "python2.4 setup.py install"
> again.

But I think I can with this. Try:

python2.4 setup.py build --force

-tim